We offer a wide range of general practice services including antenatal care, care plans, minor procedures, vaccinations, worker’s compensation and more.
We also have Laverty pathology on-site and our Podiatrist Reche and Dietician Holly visits frequently.
Medowie Family Clinic has wheelchair access.
Unfortunately our clinic does not accept walk-ins and do not provide home visits unless it is an extreme circumstance (must be prearranged)
We are a mixed billing practice, please refer to the information below. A Medicare rebate is available instantly via Tyro if you have a debit card. Medicare rebates are unable to be processed when paying with a phone.
If you fail to attend your appointment or cancel your appointment less than 4 hours prior to your appointment time you will be charged 50% of the appointment fee.
From the 1st of January 2023 the fees will update as follows:
please note that patients aged 74 and under are no longer routinely bulk-billed
Private Billings and Sunday clinics
Standard consult of 15 minutes: $75 (medicare rebate of $39.75)
Long consult (complex or multiple issues) up to 30 minutes: $115 (medicare rebate of $75.95)
Prolonged consult over 30minutes: $155 (medicare rebate of $113.30)
Pension and Health Care Card holders
Standard consult of 15 minutes: $60 (medicare rebate of $39.75)
Long consult (complex or multiple issues) up to 30 minutes: $95 (medicare rebate of $75.95)
– Minor procedures (e.g. excisions, biopsies, suturing) – fee is based on procedure
– Ear Syringe: $50
– Iron infusion: $150
– Work cover consultations must be paid for on the day for the first 3 visits at the appropriate SIRA fees
– Commercial licence medical (e.g. truck, bus): $100
– Personal insurance (e.g. travel, income protection) as per SIRA work cover fees
– Patients aged 16 and under
– Patients aged 75 and over
– Recalls and results
– Care Plans, Health Assessments, Mental Health Care Plans
– Appointments with the practice nurse only (e.g.
cervical screening test)
– DVA patients will be billed under DVA for relevant conditions